Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Boulder Bridge

First off, let me say that I really like the design of the new Boulder bridge. I am really quite surprised that it is not a boring, concrete, standard cheap looking bridge. It appears to have brick on parts of it and there will be artwork molded onto the walls. (I desperately hope not like that God-forsaken wall on 169)




With that said, why are there no bike lanes? Apparently bicyclists will be able to ride on the "extra wide" sidewalks. Yeah, that sounds like a fantastic idea. Imagine it now, as you walk down the sidewalk here comes some guy on the riding his bike on the sidewalk and runs over your four year old's toes. Why is he riding his bike on the sidewalk??! Because this is what he has been told to do. Personally, I don't think moving vehicles should share the same space as pedestrians. If we insist on not putting in bike lanes, then please let us not encourage bicyclists to ride on the sidewalk. Everybody with any knowledge of cycling knows that you are supposed to ride in the street, bike lanes or not.

Also, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that there would be streetcar/trolley tracks built on it. While the rendering appears to show a streetcar, there are no tracks. Anybody else remember this?

No comments:

Post a Comment