Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Downtown Update 1

Soon we will be seeing much more housing downtown, 175 units to be exact. This is due in part to the TDA's decision to allocate a total of three million dollars to three projects. These projects are the...



Vandever Building: This is such an exciting project because it is located right in the middle of the CBD, an area severely lacking in housing. It will contain about 40 units and will be located on 5th street between Main and Boston.



YMCA Building: Also, a wonderful project, The YMCA Building loft conversion will place 82 units in the abandoned and boarded structure at 6th and Denver. This project should add some life and vitality to that forgotten little part of d
owntown.

East End: This project has the potential to be very unique. I've been told that this building has 16 foot ceilings, so they will be REAL lofts. I'd like to know a timeline, for all of them really, but espescially this one because I don't know the developer's track record. The other two are being done by the Schneiders, so you can pretty much guarantee that they will be completed. But I've never heard of the developer for these, and that just makes me a little nervous. Most likely though, he will get his project done in a reasonable amount of time, and I'm very glad to see a plan for the East End that does not sound like a
pipe dream.

Moving on, the Metro at Brady Lofts appear to be topped out now, and if they haven't started on the Brick already, I'm sure they will be soon. I can't wait to see that project finished!

One Place has started construction. After "breaking ground" over a month ago, they have finally started demolition, and should begin site work on the building soon. I'm still hesitant to say just how tall the tower will be, since they havent released any new renderings, but last I heard, it was 18 stories at 238 feet tall.

The Downtown First Presbyterian Church expansion appears to be progressing just fine, with a new steeple rising quickly on Boston Avenue, I think it will fit in nicely.

And finally, the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will be moving back downtown this year. The more people we can get downtown, the better!

This is the first of a series that I hope to update once a month to recap things happening in Downtown Tulsa. If I left out anything, be sure to tell me in the comments section.


ON EDIT: Vandever Building will have 40 units, East End will be located at 4th and Elgin, total number of units will be 175.

No comments:

Post a Comment