Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 5, 2011

Cool Weather in Tulsa

Yesterday, This weird thing happenned. A cold front came through! Can you believe it? In celebration, we went to the QT Park at 41st and Riverside for the afternoon. I've never been to this park before, I was amazed at how nice it is. Of course, I was not interested in the amazingly up to date and quality play equipment, but I thought the little waterfalls and fountains awesome. I couldn't believe that every time I'd run or ridden past it, I'd just looked the other way. I'm so glad that we have a company such as QT here that is willing to invest so much money on a park.

Other than all the flashy fountains and large shade trees, something else was developed there. There was a sense of community, vibrancy, and activeness. There were people riding their bikes and running on the trails, people playing frisbee and disc golf in the fields, a magician performing a tips only show. All of this giving the area a quality, authentic feel. It was the culture of Tulsa. A growingly active city, a relaxed city, and overall, a livable city.

No comments:

Post a Comment