Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering September 11, 2001

I will never forget Tuesday, September 11, 2001. I was in kindergarden. I remember being able to sense that something was wrong, but not knowing what it was. All the adults were acting funny. I remember being scared on the way home, hearing nothing but emergency alerts and breaking news updates. I thought something was going to happen to me. I remember seeing the coverage on TV, and not understanding. I had no concept of the scope of the disaster. I asked what was falling from the buildings. My mom, nearly in tears, refused to tell me. It was several years later that I learned it was people.

That day was awful for me, even though I was too young to know what was happening. My greatest thanks go to the firefighters and others who saved hundreds of lives that day, some even giving their own. My thoughts and prayers are with the families affected by the 9/11 terrorist attacks this weekend. That was a day that nobody alive at the time will ever forget. A day that lives were lost, hearts were broken, and suffering was rampant. A day of resiliency, sacrifices, bravery. What ever happens, we will never forget.



Where were you that day?

No comments:

Post a Comment