Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas in Downtown Tulsa 2011



These two pictures show a side of downtown Tulsa that I am so happy to see return. For years downtown was dead around the holidays except for the annual Parade of Lights. After that, nothing happenned. People went home. Now there's something to do throughout the holiday season downtown. You no longer have to just come to the parade and leave. There is ice skating, shopping, dozens of restaurants, shows at all the downtown venues, or you can just take a walk and enjoy all of the Christmas lights.

I haven't been downtown yet this winter at all, and I'm hoping that I can go sometime pretty soon. It's not hard to entertain me. I'm one of those people that just walking around for a while outside suits me just fine.

All of what is going on right now is what is needed in order to sustain a healthy, vibrant, and growing downtown. Now, we don't have to beg people to go downtown just for the sake of going downtown. There's actually stuff to do now. This sure is an exciting time to live in Tulsa.

Merry Christmas...errrrrr...happy holidays.....I mean, whatever. Have a great rest of whatever you prefer to call this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment