Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 9, 2011

One Place is coming along...

I'm sure most of you have already seen this, but if you haven't here is the link to the construction camera for One Place. It's coming along pretty quickly, with much of the base already poured, and just today they raised the crane that will be used to construct the tower.

This building has recieved much criticism in its design. While I do sympathize with some of what the critics are saying, I really don't think it's all that bad. It sure isn't eye catching, but it isn't hard to look at, espescially at street level, which is where it really matters. And although the rendering doesn't seem to depict this, I've read somewhere that the building will include two retail/restaurant openings along 2nd Street and one along Cheyenne. If that is to be the case, then I see this building as a major win along 2nd Street, where currently there is hardly any activity. If these two retail spaces did actually happen, then they would help soften it up, espescially around the area where it is most important, the blocks near the BOK Center.

I guess we'll know for sure how everything is pretty soon, as I don't imagine it being very long before we get a good look at what the base is actually going to look like.

So here's my verdict.

If the two said retail spaces fronting 2nd come to fruition, major win for the area.

If they don't, I won't consider it a complete fail but it is a large missed oppurtunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment