Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rail Discussions STILL Being Held Up

I was reading an article today, that further frustrated me with our government. It is no secret that our government, be it city, state, or federal, is a slow worker. Think about all the projects that have been talked about over the years, but have either never happened, or are "still in the works." Get back to me with a list, will ya?

So, while I was not surprised, I was disappointed to hear that rail talks, which were scheduled to begin at the end of August, have still not begun. In fact, it is not even known if the committee has even been formed yet. The committee's job is to create a presentation over the prospect of developing a rail link between Tulsa and OKC. This presentation was to be complete by December of 2012. Hmmmm....wonder how that's coming along when the committee is not even formed yet.

Honestly, I am not a huge fan of this project, at this time anyway. What good is it going to do to for people to ride a train either to OKC or Tulsa and then have to attempt to navigate both cities' crappy bust systems? We need to first construct at least a basic rail system constructed here in Tulsa (something that OKC is preparing to do) before we make a connection to OKC. If we did this within the next five years (yeah right) then we could immediately start making plans for a connection to OKC. But first we need to spend our money in the cities themselves, not between them.

As a side note, does anyone have any pictures of the Metro at Brady apartments? If you do send me an email with them and I'll post them on here (unless you don't want me to). I'd also like to see some of the One Place development as construction continues there. I would give full credit to you of course.

2 comments:

  1. It would be nice to have a high speed rail link from Tulsa to OKC. And when I say high speed real, I'm talking 200mph+. It would be nice to hop the train to OKC for a Thunder game or something, and be there in 20 mins. But you are right, there needs to be adequate transportation in both cities to make this feasible, like Streetcar/Light Rail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it would be nice. I would love to be able too do so in the ot too distant future. Right now though, we're just in a sort of chicken and egg situation. I wish the US would build more rail. It would be so convenient to use. I guess that as of nw we're just stuck saying "maybe someday."

    ReplyDelete