Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Brady District Name Change....?

A Frequent topic of discussion lately has revolved around this issue: "Should the name of the Brady District change?"

In my opinion, no. I don't feel that there is a need to change the name of the Brady District. Yes, I understand that Tate Brady was a racist. Still, I don't see the legitimate need. It has been called the Brady District for a loooong time, so why is there a sudden 'movement' to change it. I would probably still find myself calling it the Brady District, as would many other people.

Leave the name as it is. There is, in my opinion, no legitimate need to spend money to change the name of this district.

4 comments:

  1. Please notice the new "Reactions" tab under each post. Please leave honest answers!

    Thanks,

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind just "Arts District" rather than "Brady Arts District" but if the alternative was some other name "LaFortune District" (God forbid), we should just leave it the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I could see it just being called the "Arts District," but there's just something I love about the "Brady District."

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's in a name? Sometimes -- everything. Brady's name for many is synonymous with "KKK" or "racist." Even if it doesn't bother you or some others in Tulsa, for many it's a thorn in the side.

    Go ahead and change the name. Perhaps a great healing will follow.

    ReplyDelete